Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reviews? Yes

A main part of this blog will be my posting of beer reviews.  For the last eight months, I've been keeping a journal where I've been reviewing beers based on the following five categories (also used by Beer Advocate):
  1. Appearance
  2. Smell
  3. Taste
  4. Mouthfeel
  5. Overall
I come from a fiction writing background, so this kind of writing is a bit different for me.  As I've been doing it, I've focused more on recording my full reviewing experience and trying to comprehend what it is I'm looking for in a beer, which has resulted in the writing being more prosaic than what I would normally compose.  It'll be interesting to see how my writing progresses as I write more reviews.

In addition to the five categories above, I'll also be providing my score (on a 1-100 point scale) along with the name of the beer and brewery, in what format the beer was packaged (12 oz bottle, 12 oz can, draft, etc.), what glassware I used (mostly my favorite, the Dogfish Head Signature Glass), and the date of the review.

I have one journal book complete and, in the last few weeks, I've begun a new one, so I have plenty of these to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment